Design Lead (UI/UX)
We're looking for a Design Lead who's passionate about all things design, from typography to color schemes, user experience to micro-interactions.
You’re multifaceted, comfortable pitching in on product strategy and technical discussions. You value research and the insights and respect the inputs of others. You’re detail oriented and understand how the details complement the bigger picture. Your outcomes and outputs go hand in hand. You take responsibility for the final product and create documentation as needed to achieve this, from quick mock-ups to comprehensive design systems.
You can present and defend your decisions but empathise with the tastes of others. You support the team, through mentoring and doing, directly and indirectly.
What we’d like to see from you
- A portfolio of digital products, processes and design systems.
- A detail-oriented approach to design and pride in high-quality work.
- Have worked in design teams for 5+ years.
- Experience leading and mentoring less experienced designers.
- An understanding of project management techniques and tools.
- Have played a central role in shipping multiple products to market and can point to examples.
- Follow through ability: interested in “finishing” a project, not just the initial discovery.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to clearly articulate and explain complex design problems.
- Have a very good understanding of product design and at least a basic understanding of development principles and workflows.
- Act as the primary point of contact for design production teams.
- Oversee and be responsible for the final output of the design component of a product.
- Create detailed design systems, guidelines and requirement documents.
- Lead or support user research exercises when applicable.
- Surface insights from competitive analysis and reference market trends for client’s needs.
- Work closely with the product team and the client to assist in product management tasks.
- Be able to break down user stories into individual design tasks.
- Manage design iteration cycles, versioning, and the general design workflow.
- Conduct design reviews.
- Make design recommendations and defend those decisions.
- Mentor and assist less experienced designers.
We offer a competitive pay package, extensive benefits, and an unlimited time off policy.
- 100% Paid Medical, Vision and Dental insurance
- 401(k) with 3% company match
- Transit and Health FSA programs
- Short- & Long-term AD&D Cover
- Life insurance
- Flexible work hours
- Paid parental leave
- Zipcar membership